- Associate Professor David Garmire recognized with Board of Regents' Medal for Excellence in Teaching
- Ryan Gough wins Student Excellence in Research Award
- Jason Tanabe named Fall 2015 Outstanding Graduating Senior
- Students Kyoko Fujimoto and Trent Robertson win first place at Breakthrough Challenge
- Student Ryan Gough receives IEEE fellowship
EE SeminarsHigh Accuracy Non-Contact Measurement Techniques for Torso Displacement and Its Application
Thursday, May 05, 2016
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Aloha and welcome to the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Hawaii. We are part of the College of Engineering on the Manoa valley campus, located in the city of Honolulu. The campus is just a few miles from Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head landmark.
We offer an undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering for the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree which is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET http://www.abet.org; an undergraduate program in Computer Engineering for the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree which is jointly offered with the Department of Information and Computer Sciences; and a graduate program in Electrical Engineering for the Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees.
Our department aims to provide quality education, research and service to our constituents. The major goals are to educate a new generation of electrical engineers to meet the challenges of the future; create, develop, and disseminate new knowledge; and to promote a sense of scholarship, leadership, and service among our graduates.
Current enrollment and graduation data for our department may be found here [pdf].