Grants, Awards and Recognitions
Laboratory of Intelligent and Parallel Systems (LIPS) (Holmes 493)
Title: Positron Emission Tomography Guided Prostate Biopsy, $205,000,
SBIR/STTR grant, in collaboration with
· $50,000 extension of Electric and Hybrid Vehicle (EHV) National Data Center (NDC), to 12/03.
· $100,000 extension of Simulation and Validation in Bio-Photonics, to 6/02.
· Title: Enhancements to Web System Support for Remote Monitoring and Diabetes Self-Management, Dollar amount: $126,000 Start date: 9/1/00; End date: 8/31/01; No cost extension to 8/31/02; Sponsoring agency: HMSA Foundation
Title: Telemedicine on the Internet – Remote Monitoring and Screening
or the Ohana Health Project; Dollar amount: $202,500, Start date: 9/1/99; End
date: 8/31/00; Sponsoring agency: Department of Defense via
Title: Dollar amount: $1,746,725, Start date: 5/1/95; End date:
12/31/00; Sponsoring agency: Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
Title: Simulation and Validation in Bio-Photonics; Dollar amount:
$570,000, Start date: 4/1/97; End date: 12/31/00; Sponsoring agency: Hamamatsu Photonics K. K. of
Title: Center for East-West Medicine Projects, international support
for research, Ministry of Education,
· Title: ACTS and Supercomputing in Remote, Cooperative Medical Triage Support and Radiation Treatment Planning, also known as Project MISSION, $2,800,000, Start date: 9/1/94; End date: 12/31/99; Sponsoring agency: DARPA Networks Program.
Awards and Recognitions
“Distinguished Scientist Award”, Knowledge Engineering & Discovery
the State of
· For its achievements in healthcare technology, Dr. Yun, the Director of LIPS, was featured by the Honolulu Advertiser (3/01) and Wired News (11/99) as “Mr. Telemedicine”.
· “Outstanding Academic Achievement and Service to the Profession” Award, Computing Information Resources Association, June 1999.